Here at Mansion Student, we understand that mental health is incredibly important.
Starting University can be a stressful time, adjusting to a different lifestyle, living away from home, budgeting and becoming an independent adult can all impact on your mental health.
There is a vast amount of support available for you so please don’t ever feel that you are alone. If you’re looking for support or want to find support for one of your friends here are some useful places and information that may be of use:
Student Minds is the UK’s student mental health charity and one which are proud to be in partnership with. Offering support for you, your friends and parents they are available 24/7.
• If you need support now start a conversation, text ‘STUDENT’ to 85258
• StudentMinds web chat support – Get free, confidential support over webchat from a trained volunteer, from 4pm – 11pm every day.
• Call FREE on 0808 808 4994, 7 days a week from 3pm to 12am.
• Email support – get free, confidential support by a trained volunteer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• StudentSpace website– expert information and advice
Young Minds are a non-profit charity that are here to help. Explore their website for various blogs and support.
You can also contact them on the Parent’s helpline 0808 802 5544 (Monday-Friday 9:30am-4pm, free for mobiles and landlines).
NHS – Mental Health
The NHS provides information specifically for students. Find out more information on knowing when to get help and where to go for help on the NHS website