Frequently Asked Questions – Mansion Student
How do I book a room?
It’s easy. There are 3 ways to do it:
- Book online through any of our property pages
- Call our dedicated booking line on 0800 652 7844 to reserve your accommodation or to arrange a viewing, specifying the location.
- Call the number of the property you wish to stay at.
- Or if you’re passing the property, you can just pop in.
How do I cancel or re-arrange my viewing?
If you wish to cancel or re-arrange your viewing please contact the Hospitality Team at your chosen location or call our dedicated
booking line on 0800 652 7844.
Can I book a room without a viewing?
Yes, however, on arrival should you wish to change your room, this would be subject to an additional administration cost and availability.
Which cities are you located in?
We are spread across the UK. Visit our location page to see our property locations.
Booking the accommodation
You can reserve your room today at one of our fabulous locations simply by going to your chosen location and selecting the “book now” button. This will then take you into our on-line booking system and a few short easy steps will enable you to reserve your room and sign your tenancy agreement on line. Please be aware that if you are using a Guarantor, the booking will not be complete until they too have signed your accommodation contract and we have sent you a confirmation.
We do not treat any person or group of persons applying for accommodation less favourably because of their race, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, appearance, age, marital status, sexual orientation or social status. Where possible, a student’s preferences will be observed although this cannot be guaranteed.
Can I live with my friends?
As part of our on-line booking you can reserve a whole flat for you and your friends under our Group Booking page. Please follow the instructions when making your booking.
What is the Security Deposit?
The Security Deposit is payable as part of our process to reserve a room. Once this fee is paid, no one else can book that room, provided that you sign and return your documentation within the required timescales. Failure to do this may result in your chosen room being released for re-sale.
It is also security against any damage to the accommodation, unpaid rent or other charges. The Security Deposit is secured in our chosen government recognised scheme; the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) Tenancy Deposit Scheme, (TDS) or My Deposits (MD), until the end of your period of stay with us. The amount paid is returned to you via the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) Tenancy Deposit Scheme, (TDS) or My Deposits (MD) at the end of the tenancy subject to any outstanding rent or damage or other charges.
Booking Fee; where this is applicable, is not treated as a Security Deposit and is non-refundable. (Please refer to our cancellation policy).
Do you provide summer accommodation?
We do provide summer accommodation at some of our properties. Please enquire directly with your chosen location or see the website for details.
I am a part-time student – can I live in Mansion Student Accommodation?
Unfortunately, we can only accept full-time students. An indicator we use is whether the course you are studying makes you exempt from paying Council Tax. We strongly recommend that you check your position with your University or College before you make a booking with us, as you may find yourself liable to Council Tax payments if your course does not qualify you.
What is ANUK?
Mansion Student operates to conform with the ANUK National Code of Standards for Student Accommodation which is designed to regulate and bring large student landlords into line to deliver a distinct set of standards to students. Accreditation schemes are voluntary schemes that good landlords join to demonstrate that they provide good quality accommodation.
The National Code of Standards is fully supported by NUS who are a key stakeholder and have representation on the management and complaints procedures of the Code.
The Code will act as a student accommodation quality guide and it is recommended that if you have a choice, always rent from a landlord who has joined the Code.
What are the advantages of living in a building covered by the National Code of Standards?
- Best practice in day to day management is supported and recognised;
- Your contract is clearly written, stating what you are paying for and how much your rent is, with reasonable terms and no hidden costs; Your accommodation is fully prepared for you when you arrive to take up residence;
- Your accommodation meets with a set of nationally recognised standards in respect of service provision, furniture and fittings;
- All repairs and maintenance are carried out within agreed timescales
- Your building will meet with required health and safety standards
- If a deposit is charged, it will be lodged in an appropriate Deposit Scheme and it will be returned to you promptly at the end of the year or you will be given a clear explanation of why a deduction has been made;
- You will be given information to explain what management routines are followed in the buildings;
- A set and accountable procedure for dealing with any disputes or complaints will be in operation.
For more info on ANUK. Please visit http://www.nationalcode.org