We understand that it’s difficult Moving away from home to start your university journey. Moving into new accommodation and starting a new course can make you feel very apprehensive and lonely.
It’s important to identify when you are feeling lonely and how you can cope with the loneliness. You maybe feeling more stressed than usual, having trouble sleeping, eating or concentrating.
UCAS have put together a Guide on feeling lonely at university with suggestions to think about if you’re feeling lonely and how to cope with loneliness.
There are also a number of charities and organisations providing support to you if you’ve recognised that you’re starting to feel lonely.
• Call – 116 123 for free
• The Samaritans provide phone, email and face to face listening services
Student Minds is the UK’s student mental health charity and one which we are proud to be in partnership with. Offering support for you, your friends, and parents they are available 24/7 through various platforms.
• Need support now start a conversation, text ‘STUDENT’ to 85258
• Student Minds Webchat support – Get free, confidential support over webchat from a trained volunteer, from 4pm – 11pm every day.
• Call FREE on 0808 808 4994, 7 days a week from 3pm to 12am.
• Email support – get free, confidential support by a trained volunteer. Email: email@example.com
Student Space – expert information and advice