Mansion Student operates to conform with the ANUK/Unipol National Code of Standards for Student Accommodation (The Code) which is designed to regulate and bring large student landlords into line to deliver a distinct set of standards to students. Accreditation schemes are voluntary schemes that good landlords join to demonstrate that they provide good quality accommodation.
The National Code of Standards is fully supported by NUS who are a key stakeholder and have representation on the management and complaints procedures of the Code.
The Code will act as a student accommodation quality guide and, it is recommended that if you have a choice, always rent from a landlord who has joined the Code.
- Best practice in day to day management is supported and recognised;
- Your contract is clearly written, stating what you are paying for and how much your rent is, with reasonable terms and no hidden costs;
- Your accommodation is fully prepared for you when you arrive to take up residence;
- Your accommodation meets with a set of nationally recognised standards in respect of service provision, furniture and fittings;
- All repairs and maintenance are carried out within agreed timescales
- Your building will meet with required health and safety standards
- If a deposit is charged, it will be lodged with an appropriate Deposit Scheme and it will be returned to you promptly at the end of the year or you will be given a clear explanation of why a deduction has been made;
- You will be given information to explain what management routines are followed in the buildings;
- A set and accountable procedure for dealing with any disputes or complaints will be in operation.
For more info on ANUK/Unipol National Code of Standards for Student Accommodation, please visit www.nationalcode.org
For more information and advice please visit our Advice section of the website.