Studying at University is hard work, keeping motivated and looking after yourself during the exam period can be difficult. We’ve put together a few simple hints and tips to get you through the next few weeks.
· You may feel under pressure to keep revising, but it’s important to take frequent breaks, away from your desk. We only concentrate for 30 – 45 minutes at a time so go for a walk, make a cup of tea – you’ll be amazed how you feel afterwards.
· Diet – it’s important that you eat well, avoiding too much caffeine or sugar. Foods such as bread, rice, fruit and veg help to maintain a good level of energy throughout the day.
· Plenty of fluids – drinking water throughout the day will keep you hydrated but also make you feel better.
· Make sure that you still have plenty of sleep, having around 8 hours of sleep will make you feel refreshed for the next day.
· Activities – take time out of your busy schedule to have some ‘me’ time! You’ll need it, catch up with friends, take a walk, or just read a book.
· If you’re feeling overwhelmed then talking to either family or friends will help. There are support groups such as https://studentspace.org.uk/ who offer a wealth of information to support you through your University journey.
By looking after yourself during these times, you’ll be focused and full of energy when it’s time to sit your exams.